Standard Power of America is a leading energy consultant and broker, based out of Nashua, New Hampshire. We have a mission to make energy more responsible and reliable for all our clients.
Standard Power, founded in 2010, is an energy consultant and broker with a heavy focus on renewability. Additionally, Standard Power is a leading administrator and advocate of small hydroelectric power facilities within the state. We are currently hiring an Energy Consultant with strong communication skills, an attention to detail, and an independent work ethic.
An Energy Consultant at Standard Power is responsible for prospecting and building their own book of business within an assigned territory. Unlike sales that sell a specific product, sales consultants are expected to be able to assess and develop the right solutions for specific client needs in an ever-changing marketplace.
An Energy Consultant at Standard Power will be trained in the arts of prospecting for clients, closing deals, managing customer accounts, and best business practices. In addition, the Energy Consultant will be trained to become fluent in the dynamics of competitive energy supply. This includes areas such as futures markets of electricity and natural gas, state and national regulatory rules, onsite generation technologies such as solar and co-gen/tri-gen engines, and other related areas. Sales Consultant personnel are expected to grow into an increasingly independent role eventually becoming self-sufficient.
At Standard Power, we believe in collective contributions and collective buy-in to our philosophies and ideas. Every member of the team is encouraged to speak their mind and contribute to the future strategies of the company. We also encourage cross-training across the various tasks of the enterprise, so employees have a more holistic view of how things run.
- Comfortable speaking professionally
- Strong writing skills appropriate for a fast-paced environment
- Strong internet skills, which would ideally include database/directory research, spreadsheets software, and word processing software
- Flexible and comfortable with multi-tasking and diverse account management
- Able to appropriately prepare for both internal and external meetings, deadlines, and unexpected responsibilities
- Persistence, a competitive spirit, and the ability to learn from mistakes
If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com with a resume. Thank you!